Offering a pre-order and collect drive-through service, which is now available alongside existing options of home delivery and in-store pick-up.
Shop staples such as fresh fruit and vegetables, bread, eggs, flour, fresh pasta and milk as well as take-home meals and a range of speciality items.
On Saturday the 23rd of January 1869 at about 3:15am a small but noisy procession of market gardeners found their way from the East End Market to the site between Gouger and Grote Street. In only a few hours about 500 customers quickly bought out the entire stock of goods for sale.
So on the Grote Street site, without any structure other than a fence and a couple of gas lights, began the first day of the Adelaide Central Market (then called the City Market.) And the rest, as they say, is history!
The Market offers a huge range of fresh food including fruit and vegetables, meat and poultry, seafood, cheeses, bakery, smallgoods and health foods, along with some of Adelaide’s most popular cafes and eateries. With more than 9 million visitors every year, the Adelaide Central Market has remained the food mecca for multicultural cuisine and fresh produce for over 150 years.
With over 70 traders under one roof, the Adelaide Central Market is one of the largest undercover fresh produce markets in the southern hemisphere, buzzing with life and colour all year round. The stalls and shops are all accessible, it is a bustling market so be prepared for crowds.
- Accessible bathroom (Australian Standard compliant) includes features such as:
- Automatic door access
- Accessible toilet with hand rail
- Hand wash basin
- Emergency response buttons
- Shower (with pull down seat)
- Pull down hygiene support station; which is the only one of its kind in the Western quarter of the CBD
GOOD TO KNOW
- There is a wheelchair available for hire free of charge.
- For bookings please contact the office on 08 8203 7494.
- Light, bright and private parents room features include;
- Automatic door access,
- Concealed cistern with bench,
- Pram park,
- Feeding chair,
- Nappy bin, change table, phone charging facilities and emergency response buttons
- No bookings required
- Open Tuesday to Saturday
- Closed Sunday, Monday and Public Holidays