At The Good Scout, our focus is on connecting travellers with awesome, accessible experiences. BUT, it’s not just about check boxes and tape measures. We support you as businesses to provide a really great experience for all.
A GOOD OPERATOR cares.
A GOOD OPERATOR is invested in the experience a traveller has.
A GOOD OPERATOR provides GOOD information so travellers can make decisions for themselves.
A GOOD OPERATOR is not necessarily perfect.
A GOOD OPERATOR may not have high end, accessible facilities and equipment.
A GOOD OPERATOR is willing to look for ways to reduce barriers that may limit participation.
As a GOOD OPERATOR I Acknowledge that…
- Access means different things to different people and that the best thing I can do is communicate what facilities I do have and let people decide for themselves whether they suit their needs
- Good access is about more than ticking boxes and building codes, its about providing freedom of choice
As a GOOD OPERATOR I Have…
- Completed the Good Operator Toolbox… and have a much better understanding of access than I did before!
- A clear Visitor Access Guide displayed on my website
- Included details around access as part of our FAQ’s, which are available on my website for all travellers
- Provided detailed information on;
- Accessible parking and bathrooms
- Step free entry points
- Any experiences, attractions or tours that are accessible (where applicable)
- Accessible accommodation (where applicable)
- Key images relative to the above
AS a GOOD OPERATOR I Will…
- Contact the traveller direct to discuss arrangements, if the accessible room/experience has been requested and is not available
- Welcome feedback and regularly look to make improvements where possible
So if you’re looking to invest in the Accessible Tourism space, take the OATH and become a GOOD OPERATOR today!