Whether you’re catching up on a little rest and relaxation, or visiting Sydney for the first time – travelling with Sydney Ferries is a captivating way to explore Sydney’s beautiful waterways, city centre and vibrant villages. From the sea to the suburbs – Sydney Ferries offers you the chance to uncover many of Sydney’s ‘hidden gems’ easily and affordably, with an all-in-one pass. Sydney’s brightest hidden gem is without doubt the iconic Manly Ferry, which departs from Circular Quay, Wharf 3, to Manly Cove. It’s best to take a journey in the late afternoon, when you can take in the gorgeous sunset over the Sydney Harbour Bridge from the back of the ferry before turning into serenely beautiful Manly Cove. Ride back on the bow of the ferry into a panorama of city light reflected in the world’s most stunning harbour.
GOOD TO KNOW
The ferry is loved by travellers and commuters alike, take in all the sights of the harbour.
Catch the ferry from Circular Quay over to Manly. Manly is just fifteen minutes from Sydney CBD by ferry, making it the perfect place to visit for a day. On its own small peninsula, it’s bound by Sydney Harbour, the Sydney Harbour National Park, and the Pacific Ocean.
YOU WILL FIND…
- All Sydney Ferries vessels are accessible to people using essential mobility aids, but several older-style wharves have steps that prevent access, check the network map for the accessible wharves
- Accessible wharves have level or ramped access that allows independent access by a person using a manual wheelchair or walking aid
- They are also accessible via electric wheelchairs or mobility scooters
- From Circular Quay* wharves 2, 3, 4 and 5 are accessible
- All ferries have toilet facilities including at least one accessible toilet
- Assisted access may be required. Gangway and Ramp gradients are tide dependent
- Ferry staff can assist with getting on and off the ferry with the gangway, directions to park your mobility aid, trip planning information and the location of accessible facilities at the wharf and on the ferry.
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS BUSINESS?
We’ll keep building on this listing over time, so whether you work here or have been a guest, if you have some GOOD ACCESS information or photos to share, send them through!
Want to help connect travellers to accessible experiences? Check out a few other ways you can make a difference.