The multi tourism award winning Royal Australian Mint is one of Canberra’s real gems. Visit the Royal Australian Mint to learn the stories behind every Australian coin in your pocket, purse or piggy bank. View fascinating historical coins, see robots make tomorrow’s coins and strike a coin yourself! The Mint conducts 30 minute guided tours seven days a week at 10 am and 2 pm weekdays, and 11 am, 1 pm and 2 pm weekends and public holidays.
GOOD TO KNOW
The Royal Australian Mint is a listed entity within the Commonwealth Government portfolio of the Treasury and is the sole supplier of Australia’s circulating coinage.
See real robots in action! Wave to Titan, the strongest robot at the Mint, capable of lifting 1000 kilograms!
Discover the Holey Dollar and Dump, Australia’s first minted coins – made by a convicted forger, as you wander through the national coin collection.
You can even mint a legal commemorative $1 coin (cost of $3 per coin) and start a collection of your own.
YOU WILL FIND…
- The main foyer and shop are accessed through automatic doors
- A lift is available for access to the first floor viewing areas
- Seating areas are provided throughout the Mint
- Courtesy wheelchairs are available for loan, at no charge, from the reception area
- Visitors with specific accessibility requirements or concerns should contact the Mint on 02 6202 6999 prior to visiting.
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS BUSINESS?
We’ll keep building on this listing over time, so whether you work here or have been a guest, if you have some GOOD ACCESS information or photos to share, send them through!
Want to help connect travellers to accessible experiences? Check out a few other ways you can make a difference.
FACILITIES FOUND HERE
- Coach Parking
- Enquiry Desk
- Interpretive Centre
- Non Smoking
- Picnic Area
- Public Toilet