Optus Stadium and the surrounding park is located east of the Perth Central Business District, on the Burswood Peninsula. With views of the picturesque Swan River and Perth city in the west and the foothills in the east, this 60,000 seat, world-class, multi-purpose Stadium will host a variety of sports and entertainment events including Australian Football League, International and Big Bash League cricket, soccer, rugby league and union plus concerts. The surrounding Stadium Park will provide year-round access for visitors of all ages to enjoy the nature playgrounds in the Chevron Parkland, the BHP Boardwalk and Amphitheatre, picnic and barbecue areas, public art, recreational facilities and the opportunity to dine in the buffet or ala-carte restaurants that overlook the Swan River.
GOOD TO KNOW | TGS APPROVED
The Stadium and the surrounding Park is located east of the Perth Central Business District, on the Burswood Peninsula. With views of the picturesque Swan River and Perth city in the west and the foothills in the east, this 60,000 seat, world-class, multi-purpose Stadium hosts a variety of sports and entertainment events, including Australian Football League, International and Big Bash League cricket, soccer, rugby league and union, plus concerts.
Optus Stadium caters for everyone regardless of age, experience or ability. The aim of the design isn’t only to meet specific codes but rather to strive to exceed them as a minimum standard and create an inclusive venue for all fans.
YOU WILL FIND…
- Over 60 Universal Accessible Toilets
- 3 Changing Places toilets – The first stadium in Australia to have more than one. Features include:
- Height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
- Mobile hoist system
- Space for a user and up to two carers
- Electric doors
- 450 wheelchair positions (100 more than required according to the 2013 National Construction Code)
- 327 Enhanced Amenity Seating for people that have mobility requirements that are not in wheelchairs
- Wheelchair positions on all levels with flexible seats for carers and guests, accommodating groups of all sizes
- 9 times more permanent accessible bays than required (2013 National Construction Code)
- 12 lifts throughout the Stadium
- accessible by public transport, Transperth fares are included in all Optus Stadium event tickets
- limited accessible parking, to access Parking or Drop-Off areas, you must have a valid event ticket, accessible parking permit and a parking or drop-off pass.
- some concession and companion cards accepted