Explore this iconic Gold Coast Wildlife Sanctuary. Immerse yourself into the wonder and natural beauty of 27 hectares of Currumbin rainforest, wandering through open animal enclosures, feeding kangaroos and cuddling koalas along the way. Experience the wild lorikeet feeding, free flight bird shows and Aboriginal performances. Test your physical ability on the TreeTops Challenge High Ropes Course, an exhilarating 90 challenge canopy ropes course and see the wonderful vets in action within the Wildlife Hospital precinct. With a huge outdoor themed playground, Wild Island, there is plenty of entertainment for kids to enjoy as they tour the sanctuary on a miniature train. Lost Valley a new exotic precinct features five hectares of stunning rainforest, Lost Valley takes you on a journey through the ancient supercontinent Gondwana. Explore a forgotten world and get up close and personal with some of the world’s most unique and distinctive flora and wildlife including friendly Lemurs, Cotton-top tamarins, Red pandas, Capybaras along with free-flying birds and exotic reptiles Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a not-for-profit organisation and reinvests all proceeds back into wildlife and conservation programs
GOOD TO KNOW
The Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary covers 27 Hectares of natural settings where you can enjoy wonderful flora and fauna and wildlife shows.
Sanctuary walkways have varying gradients, widths and surfaces, as per the natural contours of the land. There is a main paved pathway around the Sanctuary that is accessible to all users. Steep paths are clearly marked via signage and on the park map.
YOU WILL FIND…
- accessible car parking
- accessible entrance via the Gift Shop, the main entrance is accessed via a ramp with a medium incline
- bathroom amenities are provided throughout the Sanctuary with designated wide access in selected areas. Locations of accessible bathrooms are identified on the park map at Sanctuary Café and outside Blinky Bill Treehouse on the East side, and at Wild Burgers and on the path to the Wildlife Hospital on the West side.
- baby change facilities
- hire equipment is available with Strollers at $8.00 per day. There is no charge for wheelchair hire. Pre booking is recommended and subject to availability.
- accessible cafe and retail outlets
- designated seating for persons using wheelchairs is available at each show.
- service animals are welcome, however are not permitted into areas where one on one interaction with animals can occur, make contact prior to your visit for more information.
- the Heritage Train requires visitors to transfer out of wheelchairs and strollers to participate
- most animal encounters are in small confined enclosures and are not readily accessible, the koala encounter can be adapted, but you need to make prior contact.
- some concession cards accepted.
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS BUSINESS?
We’ll keep building on this listing over time, so whether you work here or have been a guest, if you have some GOOD ACCESS information or photos to share, send them through!
Want to help connect travellers to accessible experiences? Check out a few other ways you can make a difference.
FACILITIES FOUND HERE
- Coach Parking
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Parents Room
- Picnic Area
- Public Toilet