Accessibility is the heart of our business.
Our aim is to give you choice and inspiration, through verifying the accessibility of a tourism operation, so you can set off on your next adventure sooner.
There are two types of listings categories;
A verified listing means that a level of accessibility has been approved by The Good Scout team and/or ambassadors.
Verified listings are displayed with a tick and meet the following criteria;
- Accessible parking and bathrooms are available onsite, unless otherwise indicated.
- A venue would have at least one step free entry point
- An accommodation venue has at least one accessible room with a usable accessible bathroom. A usable accessible bathroom means that it may not met Australians standards, but there is sufficient space to maneuver around.
- An experience, attraction or tour would have at least one option that a wheelchair user can participate in
- We will endeavor to provide enough detailed information so you can choose whether a service or venue suits your individual needs. Including images and floor plans where necessary, tips and other things to consider.
We will highlight where there are facilities that may cater for travellers with high support needs.
If you require further information that we haven’t covered, let us know… we’ll follow up for you so we can build on each listing over time with the aim of catering for a wide range of access needs.
A standard listing means the accessibility has been determined and acknowledged by the tourism operator via the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW), or an unconfirmed source.
ATDW is a national platform for digital tourism information in Australia. As of the 31st May 2018, it is now a mandatory requirement for registered businesses to report on the accessibility of their products and services.
A Standard Listing is a business who states their tourism operation:
- Actively welcomes people with access needs… OR
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details.
If you find a Standard Listing that you are really keen to get to but are not confident in the information provided, let us know and we can speed up the verification process.
The Good Scout takes no responsibility for the accuracy of a Standard Listing.
YOU CAN HELP
We are working towards verifying all listings and you can help!
So, whether you are exploring interstate or discovering new experiences in your home area, share your images and videos of accessible attractions and accommodation venues, including key facilities, activities, and surrounding landscape, so that more people can enjoy them. You can make a difference.
We are a registered NDIS provider to deliver Innovative Community Participation under our company Push Adventures Pty Ltd and at this stage can only work within self managed plans. Provider no. 4050019254.