A working tourism chocolate & confectionery factory located in a heritage listed complex 40 minutes from Adelaide at Woodside in the Adelaide Hills.
From 1919 the South Australian Farmers Cooperative Union made the site famous by producing cheese, butter, margarine and small goods, which were recognised worldwide. This activity ceased in 1976.
From that year, the buildings lay abandoned until 1990 when the current proprietors and directors, Joy and Graeme Foristal arrived. With 1940’s era chocolate and confectionery making equipment, they began their dream making old Australian favourite chocolate and confectionery.
Visitors today find the old cheese factory transformed into a large emporium style chocolate and confectionery factory shop. This is a centrepiece for 6 different rooms, where various manufacturing processes can be viewed. These are the Chocolate Room, Depositing Room, Packing Room, Panning Room, Toffee Room and the Cooling Tunnel.
GOOD TO KNOW
The front door is standard width, if you are travelling with a wide wheelchair, phone ahead as there is an alternate entrance point that is more accessible.
Accessible bathroom and car parking onsite.