The Old Station Teahouse is turn of the century railway station that has been relocated from its original home into a rainforest setting close to the popular Cape Hillsborough National Park.
With a menu that focuses on fresh, delicious food and local produce The Teahouse is the perfect stop for the weary traveller or families looking for a place to relax.
Functions and special events take on a magical ambience surrounded by their rambling tropical garden.
Located a leisurely half hour drive from Mackay they are open seven days. Bookings are advised.
Gold winner Mackay Tourism Awards 2017.
- Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
This information has been supplied by the tourism operator via the Australia Tourism Data Warehouse and is yet to be verified as meeting The Good Scout Accessible Standard.
FACILITIES FOUND HERE
- Alfresco/Outdoor Dining
- Coach Parking
- Non Smoking
- Suitable for Functions
- Takeaway Available