The Roxy Theatre The magnificent Roxy Theatre, situated in the main street of Bingara, is a striking building, with a history as colourful as its painted exterior. Built in 1936 by three Greeks, it operated as a cinema until 1958, after which it was closed and lay dormant and untouched for forty years.
In May 2004, The Roxy was faithfully restored to its original splendor and was re-opened to the public. The theatre embraces some of the most striking original art deco architecture in New South Wales and it still contains the original fixtures and fittings, including the ornate stucco plaster, paintwork and coloured lights from 1936.
Today The Roxy functions as both a multi purpose cinema and regional centre for the performing arts, with The North West Theatre Company taking residence there. The quality and standard of the performances and events, make any visit worth while.
- Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
This information has been supplied by the tourism operator via the Australia Tourism Data Warehouse and is yet to be verified as meeting The Good Scout Accessible Standard.