Tharwa Valley Forge delivers authentic blacksmithing and bladesmithing experiences every weekend and most days of the week. We provide everyone from novices to experts with the opportunity to experience traditional crafts and to learn new skills.
Experience Blacksmithing in a working forge, design and create your own kitchen knives, or come together as a family and work on a project together. These are just a few of the many experiences available all year round.
We have been teaching people how to create amazing things since 2003. Each year we run over 100 courses and are the largest school of our type in the world. Our award-winning instructors are among the best in Australia and our world-class facilities ensures an incomparable experience.
Our 10 acre campus is set in bushland on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River and is adjacent to Namadgi National Park. Heritage listed accommodation is available on site at historic Cuppacumbalong Homestead.
For those staying at Cuppacumbalong during their course, there is plenty to see and do. Go bush walking along marked trails, visit historic sites along the river, and see native wildlife including kangaroos and wombats.
- Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.
This information has been supplied by the tourism operator via the Australia Tourism Data Warehouse and is yet to be verified as meeting The Good Scout Accessible Standard.
FACILITIES FOUND HERE
- Caravan / Camper Trailer / Campervan Sites / Campsites
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Family Friendly