See, exprience and learn through the wonder of technology as this facility brings history to life.
Relive the drama of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that rocked Australia in 1942.
• Life size hologram of Rear Admiral Etheridge Grant was the Commanding Officer of the USS William B Preston narrates his own version of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour. Includes headset audio translation in Japanese, German, French and Simplified Chinese.
• Interactive story telling ghosts. Meet Prime Minister John Curtin and Japanese Pilot Hajime Toyoshima who answer selected questions from a touch panel.
• Virtual Reality of the bombing of Darwin Harbour. This production is the pinnacle of a movie production for VR. Never before seen production of this magnitude.
• Full size replica Japanese Zero aircraft hangs from the ceiling.
• Replica of Camilla the Flying Boat that escaped from Darwin Harbour.
• Window of 1942 and aerial view of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that comes to life showing the bombing and aircraft fire of the first raid.
• Story Boards that provide very informative reading and pictures of what took place on February 19th 1942.
The RFDS Darwin Tourist Facility – Stokes Hill Wharf, Open 7 days.
WHY ISN’T THE GOOD ACCESS BADGE TURNED ON?
Some listings are here because we think they’re pretty cool and you should know about them! And some, we just haven’t quite got enough info to make the ‘Good Access’ call yet.. so to answer the question, a business could be listed on our site if:
A. The business indicates they have some accessible facilities, but we haven’t quite gotten around to chatting through the details, stay tuned! If you’ve been here, leave a review and let us know about your experience!
B. We have spoken to their team.. the facilities aren’t quite what we’d call accessible BUT we’ve provided you with ‘good to know’ tips in case you’re keen to give it a go anyway!
FACILITIES FOUND HERE
- Coach Parking
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Interactive Centre
- Public Toilet