Tom Curtain’s Katherine Outback Experience provides a unique window into life on the land in outback Australia. It doesn’t get much more authentic than real life horse-breaking and working dog demonstrations entwined with Australian music and humorous bush tales.
There is dust and chaos, and things don’t always go to plan, but that is part of the beauty of the outback.
A passion to share a piece of the outback was the foundation of Katherine Outback Experience, an outback show that entertains and educates guests about the Territory’s rich and colourful pastoral industry.
If you have ever wondered how a horse is broken-in or how a dog is trained to round-up cattle – then this is the place for you!
Multiple Golden Guitar winner Tom Curtain is the horse training, singing, guitar playing star of the show, along with his wife Annabel.
Katherine Outback Experience operates from April to the end of October in the NT. From mid-November to mid-March the team takes the show on the road, touring regional Australia. Shows and services can easily be tailored to meet the needs of tour groups, business events, school groups and private functions. Just ask!
- Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.
This information has been supplied by the tourism operator via the Australia Tourism Data Warehouse and is yet to be verified as meeting The Good Scout Accessible Standard.
FACILITIES FOUND HERE
- Coach Parking
- Enquiry Desk
- Family Friendly
- Food and Refreshments
- Picnic Area
- Public Toilet