Cuppacumbalong is an historic homestead located near the southern outskirts of Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory.
More than just a 167 year-old Estate with heritage listed accommodation, the historic homestead and gardens also play host to events focused on art, craft, community and teamwork.
Nestled on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River, heritage-listed Cuppacumbalong Homestead provides comfortable accommodation amidst tranquil surroundings. It facilitates courses held by expert artisans in fully equipped workshops, and provides a venue with the infrastructure to host a wide range of events.
The word Cuppacumbalong is Aboriginal in origin and means ‘meeting of the waters’. One of the property’s early owners Leopold Fabius Dietegen Fane De Salis made a noteworthy contribution to political life during colonial times and furthermore, Cuppacumbalong has strong connections to the life of William Farrer, the father of the Australian wheat industry.
Between our superb venue and our staff of artists, craftspeople, outdoor educators and experts in personal development, there isn’t much we can’t do. Contact us to make your next event more than memorable.
- Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)
This information has been supplied by the tourism operator via the Australia Tourism Data Warehouse and is yet to be verified as meeting The Good Scout Accessible Standard.
FACILITIES FOUND HERE
- Camp Kitchen
- Communal Kitchen
- Communal Lounge
- Communal Refrigerator
- Conference/Function Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Games or recreation room
- Non Smoking
- Open Fireplace
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Outdoor Furniture